Banana Bread with Coconut Flour (paleo)
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 ripe banana, mashed (2 cups)…
3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 200.
2. lightly oil a 20cm x 12.5cm loaf pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, beaten eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract (wet mixture)
4. in a separate bowl, stir together the coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda (dry mixture)
5. Pour dry mixture into he bowl with the wet mixture and stir until combined
6. Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes before pouring into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on the centre rack in the oven for 45-55minutes, until loaf tests clean.
7. remove bread from the oven and allow it to sit for 30minutes before turning it out onto a cutting board.
8. Cut thick slices and serve with butter or honey.