Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
680g flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
1 cup beef broth
⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
4 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons corn starch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef froth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, place broccoli in a large tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve.
For a bit of a spicy kick, add a full 1-2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes.
Zucchini and Bacon Fritters with garlic Yoghurt
2 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium desiree potato, peeled, grates
4 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
¼ cup plain flour
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh chives
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
Chopped chives to serve
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini. Drain on paper towel. Combine zucchini, potato, bacon, flour, egg and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 1?4 cup zucchini mixture into pan, pressing to flatten. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden underneath. Turn, pressing again to flatten. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, make Garlic yoghurt: Combine garlic and yoghurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fritters with extra chives. Serve with garlic yoghurt.
There is no reason you couldn’t add/ exchange other vegetables (carrots, sweet potato, broccoli etc)
You can also cook in coconut oil.